Saturday, April 27, 2013

Days 9 & 10

Yesterday, my iPad didn't like Blogger, and trashed my entire post. There is something very quirky about it. Sometimes I finish a post, and it vanishes without a trace. Other times it refuses to let me start a post, but most of the time, it works. And there seems to be a length limit on posts on the iPad. I get so far, and then the screen will not scroll any further...weird. I still don't feel up to sitting at the computer, at least not for very long, so I am working on the iPad almost exclusively.

The last two days are a bit of a blur. I had physical therapy on day 10, each time I learn new things about my body, and gain forward motion. I asked my therapist why the knee is so stiff and hard to move: Answer: intracellular swelling. The build up of fluid within the joint! So the cure is to keep pressing, and to try to keep the lymph moving.

There is NO WAY I could push my knee as far on my own! Soooooo thankful for the help of a terrific therapist.

I increased my walk each day, but have not slept well, making me tired. I am getting very tired of the stitches and the incision...they are a bit itchy. Yeah. That means healing...my dear husband says "Fatigue makes cowards of us all" - I am feeling a bit cowardly. Tomorrow is a big day: church and out to the theater in the evening! (Season tickets). 

No comments:

Post a Comment