Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 12 - Taking it easier

Yesterday was a busy day, with not very much resting time. So today I decided to take it a bit easier, and rest more. I almost succeeded.

I am reaching a point of frustration. The scab on the incision is tight and annoying. I am very tired of the bandaids on the 4 removable stitches..nine more days of those! Last night when I pulled the old bandaids off to replace them, my skin came with it in a couple of spots..Ouch! Now I have to try to turn or trim the bandaids so those spots can heal. 

I am tired of baby stepping up and down the stairs--of elevating my feet--of not being able to bend my knee fully---silly me!! I forget it has just been 12 days since I got this new knee. 

This frustration is to be expected. My therapist told me that the first two weeks the improvement was fast and exciting, and then it hits a plateau and slows down. I am not sure if this is the source of my frustration, I think I am just being impatient.

On the "up" side of things, I got out my flute today, and found that I could play so much better standing up! I truly enjoyed myself. I am again discovering things that I didn't realize I had "lost" prior to surgery! My sound is much better with my weight on my left foot--how long has it been that I could not stand with my weight on that foot....or even balanced between my feet?

Tomorrow is another workout with my physical therapist... Have some questions prepared..Onward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment