Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 11: Sabbath

Today was a big day. I attended church services, which means walking and sitting and standing. It was good to see everyone, but I definitely felt tired..home and an ice pack, feet elevated above heart for 30 minutes.

Then we were off to the theater. We were lucky to get a seat in the last row, with no one in front, and no one next to me, so I could get my leg up during the evening. (This is theater in the round.) we took a quick walk though the parking lot during intermission, which felt good.

The scab on my incision is getting annoying. Not quite itchy, but it is stiff. I so want to rub something into it to soften it, but I  know I must not. It needs to heal completely, without anything on it. There are absorbable stitches, which are covered with strips of tape, and glue the tape has begun to peel. I am glad that I can clip the loose edges of the tape as it lifts up. 

I have spent the last 2 weeks wearing shorts, as I cannot stand having clothing rub against the incision scab..today was tough because I wore a skirt.

Tomorrow I plan on a lot of resting!! I will still are a walk, I just don't know if I will try to increase my distance.

My goal is to do a full circuit of our block by Tuesday. That's about 500 feet more than now. The full circuit is 1/2 mile. Once I can do that comfortably, my next goal will be to double it to a mile a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment