Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 7

This is the first day I have been on my own for part of the day. I am now able to put full weight on my leg, at least for a moment. I suspect that I could do it longer, except for the fear! 

Being able to go about in the house with a cane instead of crutches makes things much easier, since I can carry something in my free hand, so it's easy to fix a simple meal or get a glass of water. 

I also got in a good practice session on the flute, and for the first time since 3 weeks before surgery, was able to practice while standing (for about 10 minutes). So sweet! It was such a delight to focus on my music instead of the tiredness/weakness/pain in my knee!

My incision is healing nicely, but it is starting to feel a bit itchy. I am keeping it covered with soft gauze, even though it is "dry" and I was told that I did not have to cover it once it was dry. 

Compression stockings, I am happy to say, are not so uncomfortable as I had imagined! Too bad they don't make them beige or in colors..I am not crazy about going about with white legs. Then again, white DOES go with everything. 

I am eager for tomorrow's workout with my physical therapist. It is amazing how very hard it is to lift my leg...or bend my knee ... I am discovering muscle imbalances I never knew I had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment