Friday, December 13, 2013

My knee is 2 weeks old.

It seems like so much longer than 2 weeks since my surgery! The stitches have been removed, and two little strips of tape were placed across the spots. The dermabond (glue) that seals the incision is half gone. It was loose and the nurse lifted it off with tweezers, and placed two strips of tape over that section of the incision. 

I still have tenderness around the lower stitches, a little bruise shows under the edge of the tape, and my thigh still feels a little bruised. I am walking pretty well, no crutches needed. I do carry a cane when I walk outside, but I barely need it at all. 

I am really tired of not being able to bend my knee when I sit up in bed, or sleep on my side. But hey, it's only TWO WEEKS! I am working hard at keeping my focus and not doing too much. The guideline of two hours up, two hours down is good, but I find I tire in less than an hour, then need 2 hours to rest up. So it's more like 40 minutes up, 2 hours down. 

I still apply ice after moving around for a bit. The ice feels good, and helps prevent swelling. 

I finished three projects: 
1. the memory quilt I made for my daughter is now done. 
2. Flute cleaning cloths with a little "bubble" at the top so it's easy to get all the moisture out of the head joint. I made enough for myself, my teacher, and each of her other students.
3. I made a pouch to put my iPod touch in so it doesn't get scratched. It's actually a project I began a few years ago: a tatted "evening bag" - I made a liner of felt, and added a fastener across the top. 

Look for pictures to be posted to a new page: "photos 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment