Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 28: 4 Weeks After Surgery

I love daily noticeable improvements!! Today I walked across the room, and started down the stairs without thinking about it. I had taken 3 steps when I realized I was walking FORWARD down the stairs! So exciting!!! So now I grip both handrails, and slowly and carefully walk down the stairs. I feel like a princess, descending grandly down a staircase.

Evening as still the hardest part of the day, and sleeping. I am still sleeping mostly on my back. When I do roll onto my side, it doesn't last long, and it always hurts to roll out of the position. 

I have stopped taking pain pills, because it doesn't hurt anymore. I apply ice to my knee 1-2 times a day,

I have begun to be more active, but still focusing on taking it very easy. I have two more weeks to get back to normal activities. So for now it's up and active for an hour, then resting for an hour to an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment