Monday, May 5, 2014

April 15, 2014 Happy Knee Re-Birth-Day to me!!

Greetings readers! It has been a full year since my first partial knee MakoPlasty replacement. What a wonderful experience this has turned out to be. I feel better than I have in many years, and now that the second knee has been repaired, my activity level is increasing in such a way that my weight has finally begun to drop off. 

At this point, the little scars on my shin and one of the ones on my thigh have disappeared. The main scar is much diminished, but who cares?! I am happy to show them off because they mean I can walk, run, jump. Although I don't do much to the latter two..by choice. I want this knee to last the rest of my life, and considering the longevity in my family, that could be another 37 years! (I'm 63, you do the math.) 

My right knee, which is only 4 months old, is coming along much more quickly than the left one did. I have to remind myself that it has only been FOUR months! 

I am not sure why the right knee seems to be healing so much more quickly. Here are my guesses:
1. It wasn't so as bad to start with - 80% collapse as opposed to bone-on-bone.
2. The left knee is strong and supports me fully.
3. The alignment in better, because it had not gotten as bad.
4. The right was medial, and the left was lateral.

I discovered a few days ago that I can carefully, (on a padded surface), settle myself onto hands and knees and do "cat/dog" Yoga poses. Lovely!! I have really missed my regular yoga practice. I never really stopped doing Yoga, but found the inability to get on my knees quite frustrating. 


9 comments:

  1. Knee replacement surgery — also known as knee arthroplasty (ARTH-row-plas-tee) — can help relieve pain and restore function in severely diseased knee joints. During knee replacement, a surgeon cuts away damaged bone and cartilage from your thighbone, shinbone and kneecap and replaces it with an artificial joint made of metal alloys, high-grade plastics and polymers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noe from the Eva Hospital people can get the best and the reliable cost knee replacement in India with perfect results. We are the leading clinic in India from where you can get the safe and secure results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I visited many website, but now here i found best information about knee replacement hospitals. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a nice & interesting blog with us...
    Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. If medical procedure treatments like medications and victimization walking supports aren't any longer useful, you will wish to think about total knee replacement surgery. Joint replacement surgery could be a safe and effective procedure to alleviate pain, correct leg deformity, and assist you resume traditional activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great aricle you have posted, thanks for sharing such a good information about knee replacement. For more info do visit knee replacement surgery cost in Vikhroli

    ReplyDelete