Friday, May 16, 2014

Life has it's ups and downs..

Once again, everything was going so well...and then....Bang!!

Just a quick post today: my right knee has been feeling so awesome and normal, that I forget it is only 5 months old. It has come along so much more quickly than the left knee. I attribute that to multiple factors: it wasn't as bad to start with, I knew how to rehab it more effectively, there was no infection of stitches, the other leg is full-strength and supports it well. 

So what did I do? Several possibilities, but the bottom line is I DID TOO MUCH!! So my knee  talked back, and now it is hurting, and I am sitting again. The funny thing is how suddenly it came on: one minute it was fine, and then I placed my foot on a step, and had excruciating pain next to the scar, and couldn't put any weight on it. After a few hours of it getting worse not better, I put in a call to my doctor and saw him the next morning.

Diagnosis: Tendonitis. 
Prognosis: It will heal. 
Treatment: Rest, ice, heat, elevation, wrapping if desired, pain pills if desired. Preventative plan: Stop doing too much!!

Sigh. Well. The good news is that it is not a big deal. It will get better. Now I have an excuse to sit and get more paperwork and maybe a bit of sewing done. Life rolls on. 

More good news: in the 5 months since this knee was repaired, I have finally been able to lose some weight: about a pound a month. That's not a super lot, but the only change has been the extra bits of energy I expend daily because I am moving more all the time. Nice. 

10 comments:

  1. Just hang in there, Janet. You're doing great by keeping up the rest of your life routines. A knee is a knee and it can recover and be replaced. But a life is a life and it should be nurtured and cherished, which, from the looks of things, is what you have been doing, thankfully enough. You should ought to get the most proper medical treatment possible. I wish you all the best!

    Agnes Lawson @ MedWell Spine, OsteoArthritis & Neuropathy Center

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to report I rebounded quickly and am doing very well now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knee replacement surgery in India is the highly recommended to reduce the problem of knee pain. Eva hospital is having latest techniques to carefully perform the knee replacement advanced techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice experience you shared here,knee pain is canbe reduc eby taking proper treatment,if you are looking for Knee Replacement Surgery in jhansi then visit jhansi then visit.Thankds for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the best Knee Replacement using the latest techniques from Kalyan Hospital. We have a team of skilled orthopaedic surgeons who can give the best results. Visit the link for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such great information with us and I hope u will share some more information about your experience of knee. Please keep sharing.

    Best Piles hospital in Jaipur Top orthopedic centre Jyotinursinghome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing such a nice & informative blog with us...keep sharing with us...
    Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy NYC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog thank for sharing such an great information with us, it is really very helpful for Dr. Shailendra Patil reviews

    ReplyDelete