Tuesday, June 4, 2013

7 Weeks and one day after surgery

Fifty Days:  Today I feel normal again. I feel truly good. 

I have energy...seemingly endless energy! Just yesterday, I would become tired very easily and quickly. But today I awoke and felt full of energy...like I could quite simply pick up and do everything I was doing before surgery..and better, because my knee isn't hurting all the time.

Not only do I feel energy, but I feel happy, joyous. I still took it easy, with a nice, long rest after lunch...which was after an hour of working out with the physical therapist, and another hour shopping at two different stores. Pretty cool.

The infection on my incision seems to be healed or very nearly healed. It is still pink, but it doesn't hurt when I press on it. (And that "other" infection is healing up, too.)

I now have full extension of my knee, but still need to work on strength and flexion. I can navigate stairs with only one handrail, although it feels better with two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment